Home

BugFair2018-15
“Tarantulas aren’t as dangerous as they are made out to be,” said Diana Terranova, one of the numerous demonstrators at the Los Angeles Natural History Museum’s 32nd Annual Bug Fair on May 19, 2018.
Body Kick
Amateur Muay Thai fighter Daniel Chappell spends at least five nights a week training at Saekson’s Muay Thai in Van Nuys, Calif. Chappell credits Muay Thai for much of his personal growth, “I have never been this disciplined and focused with anything in my life. I have never felt connected to something as much as this. I guess you can call it purpose? I’m more calm I don’t let situations that ultimately don’t matter get to me the way they would before,” said Chappell.
PierceCollegeEvacCenter-7
Penny and Ron Stark relax at an evacuation center located at Pierce College in Woodland Hills, California on November 9, 2018 after evacuating their home in Oak Park, California the night before due to the Woolsey Fire. They started their evacuation with a trip to Kaiser Permanente to get treatment for a pre existing medical condition that Penny has. The couple has lived in Oak Park for the last 50 years and have been evacuated from their home 3 times due to fires, but they refuse to move, because it is their home and they love it. (Zane Meyer-Thornton/Corsair Photo)
Meyer-Thornton_Zane_CPOY_InterpretiveEye
Leilani Cifuentes performs a Folklorico dance as part of the Pico Block Party on October 14, 2017. (Photo By: Zane Meyer-Thornton)
NewWebsite0
Paramedics respond to Marquis Jones after he fell off his skateboard near the intersection of State St. and 13th. St. in Bowling Green, Kentucky on February 2, 2020.
South Central House Fire
Los Angeles Fire Department District 33 Engineer Ryan Prusa leaves a smoked filled home for domestically abused women on 74th Street between Western Avenue and Saint Andrews Street in South Central, Los Angeles, California on September 21, 2018. According to resident Sri Johnston, her roommate Candyce Bufford asked her for a cigarette and body wash, which Johnston did not have. Bufford then became enraged and started yelling, which led to her being asked to leave the residence indefinitely. Bufford then proceeded to fill a glass bottle with gasoline and throw it inside the house where the stove was on. No one was hurt in the fire at the time of reporting, but many residents belongings, including medications, were lost inside.